- I will do the goofiest, most self-deprecating things just to get them to smile.
- A 4-year-old can say some of the wisest things in the world , if we will only listen.
- I am learning the words to every song from every Disney Princess and every Barbie Movie ever made. (seriously, I am. Please don't make me prove this to you).
- I have to make decisions now based on the kind of people I want them to be when they grow up.
- Parenting isn't an equation.
- One of the greatest blessing that God ever gave to my girls and to me, was Dana.
- I have excellent mouth-closing reflexes. (I learned this when Emma was a baby and I was holding her up in the air, over my face. A large amount of spit-up hit me square in the face...but my mouth closed just in time)
- I desperately want to become the person that my daughters see in me.
- I am learning that "playing with Barbies" can be really enjoyable...if you play with the right people.
- I am learing that if God is our Father, there is more love and more grace than any of us ever dared to dream.
Monday, February 04, 2008
Family: 10 things I am learning from being a Dad
As most of you know, I have 2 daughters: Emma, age 4 and Chloe, age 5 months. Here are 10 random things I am learning from being a Dad.