Monday, April 21, 2008

Family: Quick Update

I've got a grad school paper that I've got to finish by midnight, but I wanted to give a quick update of what's going on with us.
  • Our house in WV is under contract and we have a contract on a house in SC. We should actually be able to move house-to-house (which is a real blessing). Thanks to all of you who have been praying about this.
  • Chloe is crawling "faster than a speeding bullet" and she's also started "giving fives". I don't care who you are, that kid's smile can melt your heart.
  • Emma got her cast off. She was a little upset when her knee and ankle were still sore (even though we told her they would be). She is walking much better (more normal) every day. She says the funniest things. The other night we put her to bed and she'd been in there maybe 1 1/2 minutes when she yelled out "I had a bad dream!" We said something like "Honey, you haven't even had time to go to sleep yet." Without missing a beat, she replied, "It was a daydream...you know...when you dream while you are still awake."
  • Dana's parent's flew up this weekend for a quick visit. Its always great to spend time with them, though this grad school paper kept me from being as good a host as I should have been. Dana and the girls have really enjoyed their visit, and are chatting and dreaming about how easy it will be to "get together" or even for Emma to spend the weekend with them in the near future. Dana has also enjoyed having her personal "stylist" (her mom) at the house.
  • My parents are coming up at the end of may to help us pack up and move. It is not particularly easy for either one of them to get away, and we appreciate this more than we can even express to them.
Hope that sort of catches you up. Back to the paper!
AE

4 comments:

Joe Martino said...

Hi, found your blog through a back referral. What was your paper on? How'd it go? I was struck at the simliar nutsness in our lives right now. I'm in the process of moving from one house to another and I have a couple papers all over 10 pages due for Grad School in the next 6 days. ICK.

Adam said...

Joe,
I'm glad someone "feels my pain". This paper is for a Critical Interpretation of the New Testament class. Exegesis of an assigned text: 1 Tim 2:11-15. I'm almost done with it, but it has been a pain. I actually enjoy writing Theology stuff, but critical interpretation/exegesis can be a bit of a tedious approach for me.
AE

Adam said...

Joe,
I forgot to ask...what are your papers on...and where are you getting your masters from? I'm getting mine from Lipscomb in Nashville.
AE

preacherman said...

I hope you have a great earth day! :-)