Friday, April 04, 2008

Adam Ellis...Preacher?

I've honestly tried to write this post 4 different times this week. It's difficult because there are people here, particularly the teens we've worked with, whom we will miss terribly. At the same time, there is another group of people whom we are really excited about working with in the near future. How do I communicate this without a) making the teens think that we are excited about leaving them...or...b) making our new church family think that we are not excited about our future with them. Everything I've typed in my previous 4 attempts at writing this post has seemed awkward and I've wound up deleting each one. I guess, I just state the facts. Here is the letter I wrote to explain the situation to the Grand Central Church.


To the Grand Central Church:


Over the last few years, Dana and I have seen incredible Spiritual growth in the students we have been blessed to work with. We are immensely proud of them. If these students represent the future of the Grand Central Church, then the future is bright indeed. It has truly been both an honor and a privilege to work with them the past few years.

I am writing this letter to inform you of our decision to accept the invitation of the North Augusta Church of Christ, in North Augusta, South Carolina, to work with them as their pulpit minister. It is our plan to remain on staff at Grand Central until the end of May.

We ask for your prayers as we relocate and as we transition to a new ministry role after 10 years in youth ministry. Our prayers are for the success of the Grand Central Church and particularly for the students who have been associated with our ministry as they partner with God in his dream for the world.

May you be blessed by God, and may He bless the world through you,


Adam Ellis

5 comments:

Mike the Eyeguy said...

Yeah, I can picture that. I can also picture a church being immensely blessed by your presence among them.

Very glad to hear this good news.

Kenny Payne said...

Remember the discussion not long ago about death and resurrection? Relationally and professionally you are experiencing them both right now. I will be praying for you during this time of transition. I know that you will do a great job in your new role. After all, you have had some pretty good mentors. ;)

Gilbert said...

Congrats! I've been meaning to ask you about this opportunity. I'm glad to hear you got it. You will do great.

Matthew Paul Turner said...

I'm excited for you, bro!

The Metzes said...

Who will bring Moltmann to the teens? Guess we'll have to have that lunch some other time. I wish you well on the move.