Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family: Emma's Memory Verse, Chloe's hug, and Jan's Baby

Wow! Things are really crazy right now between family stuff, ministry stuff with the new church, and grad school (I've got a paper due this week). Still, there are a couple of things I wanted to share with you:

1. Emma showing off her scripture memorizing and hula hoop skills:


2. Chloe's Hug: (Picture by my lovely and talented wife Dana)

I came home from work yesterday, like I always do, and went around to give all of my girls hugs and kisses. Chloe (coming up on 11 months old) was playing in the playroom and so I just kind of squatted down to watch her. When she turned around and saw me, her face lit up into a huge (really cute) smile and she broke into a full (baby) sprint towards me. She held her arms out wide and then, very deliberately, very intentionally hugged my neck (which was within her reach since I was squatting down). It's the first time she's done that with anyone so deliberately. I'll tell you...in that moment, everything was right in the world.

3. For those of you who may not know it, my sister Jan is probably having a baby today. I say "probably" because she went to the hospital last night and is being induced (they've already given her the medicine and they've already broken her water). I had the honor of performing the wedding ceremony for Jan and her husband Clint a couple of years ago, and now we couldn't be happier about welcoming their daughter (and my new niece) into the world! (Picture also by Dana)



Blessings,
AE

No comments: