Friday, March 11, 2005

Dallas Willard and Creamed Corn

To use BST's phrase, there's alot of creamed corn (stuff I can't really discuss) going on in my life this week (though some readers will certainly know what it is. If you do, please DO NOT comment on it here). I will say that I ask for your prayers for God's guidance in some important decisions that we have to make. Needless to say, I have a headache from all the thinking I've been doing about these decisions and am afraid I don't have much theological insight to offer this week (I'm even a day late posting). However...
I will point you to Dallas Willard's book, The Divine Conspiracy. I'm only about 100 pages into it, but it basicly says everything I've been trying to say on this blog, only more eloquently. You could do alot worse than to add this book to your reading list ASAP.

AE

2 comments:

Keith Brenton said...

You know, one of the most incredibly powerful things about prayer - and I've just come to realize and appreciate it more fully of late - is that I don't even have to know what I'm praying for when I lift someone's name to God.

He already knows who that person is, and what that person wants, and what that person needs.

And it matters to Him that others want Him to provide what's best for that person.

I don't have to know anything about it.

Isn't that amazing?

That just un-does me and my unhealthy curiosity and my ego.

Which has got to be a good thing of itself.

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam...Just wanted you to know that I have been praying about your creamed corn.
Hugs to you, Dana, and Emma!
Aunt Patrice