Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Well, this is my first attempt at a blog. I'm giving it a try because I usually forget all my good ideas before I get around to writing an article. This way I guess I can just write it as it comes to me. A little background for those who don't know me. I'm a youth minister for a church of Christ in Panama City, FL. I have a wonderful wife and a 10 month old daughter (she's pretty wonderful too). My father is a minister in the churches of Christ and my mother is a social worker. I am really reading alot on postmodernism and the emerging church movement these days. Some of my favorite authors are Tony Campolo, Brian Mclaren, Dan Kimball, and Dave Roberts. I've started trying alot of "experiential worship" elements with the teens I work with, with some pretty amazing results in my opinion. Maybe I'll outline some of the things I'm trying in a later post for anyone who's interested. Maybe somebody will find all of this stuff interesting. If not, at least I have a new creative outlet.

-AE

No comments: